Sunday, January 28, 2007

the weekend



Sarah arrived from Prague on Thursday night, after getting delayed by about 4 hours. She was supposed to get here at 10pm. I had planned on catching the regualr city bus out to the airport, and then we'd just catch the next onr back - which would drop us off right down the street from the house. This was not to be - Instead, her flight didn't arrive until nearly 1 AM. This caused quite a bit of stress for, because by that time in the morning the city bus doesn't run anymore.

Do I go to the airport and sit around for 2 hours waiting on her? Do I tell her to just get a cab? Should she take the aircoach which would get her into the city center but not to the house?

I finally decided the best option would be for her to take the aircoach, and send me a text when she was on her way to the city center. I was going to a show nearby, and that way I could just meet her at the stop. Unfortunatly, she couldn't reply to my text, so I didn't know if she got it and worried all night that she would get off the airplane, I wouldn't be there, and it all be a stressful mess. It ended up working out pretty good - I went to the show with my friend Al, Sarah texted right as the last band ended, and we met her at the stop at about 3AM. (Minor panic when I got a text from her asking where we were - turns out she was at the stop further down the street, and Al and I were staying out of the wind by standing in a little alcove and she couldn't see us.) Al and I had ridden our bikes, so I balanced Sarah's bag, on the bike and we just walked the 20 minutes back to the house.

On Saturday I went to a volunteers meeting for the Dublin International Film Festival. It turns out Pete, my roomate, is friends with the volunteer coordinator, and he's promised to make sure I get the best events. Hooray!

We spent the rest of the weekend shopping, riding bikes, and walking around Dublin. Oh, and drinking Guinness. Tomorrow we're going to check out some of the free Dublin museums, and try to figure out a good place to visit in the countryside.

1 comment:

NJRR said...

"Stressful mess" yes. Fill your cup again and meditate on all that is good. It makes me happy to see that you are smiling.