
Living in another country has apparently not changed my pastimes much. Today I went with a few BMXer's out to a big ramp and watched them ride. I really wanted to roll around on the ramp, but I was to wimpy to speak up. I felt kinda dumb, since all I would be doing would literally be rolling up, and down the ramp. Maybe I can find a skateboard to take next time.
I brought my camera to take pictures, but of course it stayed in my pocket, so I'm posting one that Pete took of Frank. I was standing just out of the shot to the left. Everyone was impressed by my non-flinching and relaxed demeanour when at one point, Frank had to bail and the bike came flying in my direction. In reality, I was thinking, "Hmmm, this will be a little embarrassing if I get knocked out by this bike coming at me" and "If it's going to hit me, there wil be less damage if it hits the bulk of my body, then if I try to catch it or push it out of the way with my frozen hands." So I calmly stood there and watched as it came to rest right next to me. :)
I found out from my mom that I qualified for Oklahoma's SoonerCare - basically public healthcare for low-income people that are too young for Medicaid. The irony kills me - I move to a country where I have to purchase health insurance and there is public health care, and I finally get it at home. Oh well.
I went to an orientation for the work abroad stuff. It was alright, they explained tax forms and visa stuff. I have to go apply for the Irish eqivalent of a social security number, so that I don't get taxed 42% of my wages. Turns out I got all the
right stamps at the airport, so i don't have to pay the 100 euros for an immigration card. sweet! i'm still applying for jobs online, but nothing yet. I guess I'll have to suck it up, and go register with a temp agency. There were a few cool-seeming kids at the work abroad place, so I might go up there tomorrow and hang out for a while. Sarah is here on Thursday - I'm excited. We can explore the city together and maybe by the time she leaves, I'll be completely comfortable.
It's my bedtime - 3 AM. I'm going to sleep.
1 comment:
More cute Boys! I want to see some hot irish blokes!
Post a Comment