Here's my new room. It's actually the living room, but i think it'll be OK.
After a long day and night and another day of traveling I arrived in Dublin. The hardest parts were saying bye to my mom in Dallas, and saying bye to sarah in London. It was weird leaving Sarah, we've never really traveled alone - especially not in a foriegn country - but I think it is a necessary experience. I was pretty sad on the flight to Dublin, so I slept the whole way, except the last few minutes when I thought the plane was going to blow over from all the wind - apparently it's pretty common, and occasionally they cancel flights due to wind, but it was really scary. I made it thru immigration without too much hassle. They took a picture of me to put in the database - It looks like a really bad mugshot. The immigration official even laughed, commented on me looking suspicous, and turned the monitor towards me so i could have a look. Whatever... I didn't actually realize he was taking a picture, and even if I had, I was too tired, and stressed to care. My bus ride across town was uneventful - I got off at the right stop, and my roomates (Pete and Drucker), who couldn't get off work, arranged for a friend to meet me, and let me in the house. He made me tea and shared his pizza and I spent the rest of the day sleeping, using the computer, watching "campus ladies" and the new Rocky movie. Pete and I left for a few minutes to get take-away, and I was reminded that I'll be buying my food from the grocery store as much as possible.
Tomorrow I'm cleaning (it's been 3 boys and lots of visitors living here), and exploring Dublin. I've still got mixed emotions about how I feel about being here, but I'm pretty positive that once I get into the swing of things it'll be great. As Myung pointed out to me today - it's an experience that will last a lifetime. More updates soon - I'm going to bed (it's thundering outside - it'll make me feel at home.)
1 comment:
is that a mattress your sleeping on? or a pallet?
Post a Comment