Saturday, November 24, 2007

Paris

I took the Eurostar from London to Paris last weekend. It goes 186mph and reaches Paris in about 2 hr 15 min.

I had to wait around for a couple hours for Amity and her friend Caitlin to arrive, so I found the hotel which happened to be at the bottom of Montmartre and The Sacré-Cœur Basilica. It was beautiful day so I sat in the park, read my book and watched tourists being harrassed by some dudes trying to sell friendship bracelets.



We spent the rest of the day being French - hung out in a bistro eating quiche and drinking coffee, and had wine with cheese and baguettes for dinner.

On Sunday we walked around Montmartre



and then Amity and I ventured out in the rain and cold to see the Arc de Triomphe and The Eiffel Tower at night. It was freezing but pretty cool to see. I had to buy an umbrella from a souvenier shop that broke with 10 minute.




On Monday, we walked along The River Seine from The Eiffel Tower to The Louvre. We didn't go in anywhere - Paris is not free like London - but we weren't to bothered anyway. You've seen one famous art museum, you've seen them all. We also rested our legs and warmed up in Notre Dame, had a picnic in the gardens at Place de la Concorde, and wandered through a couple of cemetaries.



No comments: