Friday, November 16, 2007

I saw a dead body

on my way to work this morning.

There used to be a mobile methadone clinic near a church directly behind my building - In the mornings I walk thru the church yard - it's a bit of a shortcut and it's nice to see some green before I sit in front of a computer all day. There's always 1 or 2 junkies milling about (I think that even tho the methadone clinic is gone, some of them continue to congregate there...it's certainly better than the tube station.) I've never felt threatened by them, although once it started getting dark early, I stopped taking the short cut in the evenings.

Anyway this morning the entrance to the church yard had police tape in front of it. There were a few cops milling about, and as I walked by the opening in the gate, I saw a pile of clothes with a body inside, sprawled out face first on the sidewalk. I'm sure he was dead, because if he has been ill or unconscious then he would have had blanket covering him or the police would have been tending to him, instead of standing with their backs to him.

On a much brighter note, I saw the musical Desperately Seeking Susan tonight - the dancing was great. I always get crushes on the actors when I seem them dance - I wish I knew someone in musical theater - although up close, and standing still they may not be so wonderful. All of the songs they sang were Blondie songs - now I need to rewatch the movie...

Off to Paris in 6 hours - I better get packing.

No comments: