Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Raindance Film Festival

For the past couple weeks I have been volunteering at the Raindance Int'l Film Fest, as an assistant projectionist. It was fun, but very time comsuming since I would go to the festival immediately after work. I met some cool people, although not as many as I'd hoped to - I can blame that on being locked away in the projection booth all day, and I saw tons of shorts and a few films. I would recomend these:

"Manufacturing Dissent" - a Canadian documentary about Micheal Moore that made me dislike him more than I already do.
"In Search For a Midnigh Kiss" - a love story in LA
"Frank and Cindy" - a doc. about the filmmakers weird parents

Stephanie and I also met a couple of NYU film grad students. They were only here for a couple days, but it was fun having someone different to hang out with. The picture below was is in Notting Hill, not Serbia and was taken by a friend of the boys. I really like it - it looks like a movie still, which I suppose is fitting...

No comments: