Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ukeleles and Enchanted Gold

Last night Stephanie and I went to see Das Rheingold at the Royal Opera House. I admit I fell asleep a couple time during the first half, but overall it was really good...and really strange. (Das Rheingold ("The Rhine Gold") is the first of the four operas that comprise Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung), by Richard Wagner.) The whole thing was sung in German, but there was a big screen that hung above the stage with subtitles.

We paid £3 for our seats - they were really bad, we were practically at ceiling level, and we couldn't see one side of the stage, but we saw the important stuff - and for £3, I didn't feel bad about falling asleep.



We also went to uke night last week and are re-motivated to learn how to play our ukeleles.

1 comment:

Quail said...

Wow that looks like fun. opera isn't the best but I'm sure the venue was cool.

Miss you