Both times I've gone it's been pretty cold, regardless, I didn't get to stay long enough either time. There's something about the sea and it's smells and sounds that lets me just kinda zone out. I've met plenty of people that feel the same way - although I've yet to meet a Dubliner that does. We go to the beach and do what we're there to do - walk the dog, throw the frisbee... and then we leave.
The beach we went to yesterday, Sandymount Beach, went on forever, there was alot of standing water, so I guess at high tide there is water where we were- apparently you can walk to Dunleary quicker than you can drive, if you walk across the beach. I suggested trying to walk to the water but no one seemed to think that was a good idea.

Pete & Al were throwing the frisbee and it landed it a giant puddle. They were both too wimpy to go in after it, so I volunteered to do it. It was a good excuse to take off my socks and shoes, and to test the tempature of the water. It was cold, within seconds my feet were aching.

Last weekend we took Lucky the dog to a Dollymount beach. He loved it. There were tons of kitesurfers, people driving their cars on the sand and at the end of a little peninsula there was a giant statue of the Virgin Mary.

I've injured my back somehow - my top right shoulderblade and neck - I can't really turn my head. Hopefully I just slept wrong, or sat in the same position on the couch for to long, and it'll be better in the morning, but at the moment it's pretty painful.
I've also discovered a new shopping center with a 24 hour grocery store and a movie theater not far from my house and work. I have to take a tram to get there, but it's only about 3 euros. Maybe I'll go see a movie after work tomorrow. I saw 300 last week, and I also went to advance screening of Sunshine. 300 was better.
here's a photo by pete of me, Eithne and Lucky.
3 comments:
you've lost some weight, but the coat is still looking good!
I'm jealous! Well, until having to wear the coat n the beach. I hate being cold. Good thing its pretty there, maybe that makes up for being frigid!
Love the pics. I agree with you about the ocean. Just something about it zones me too. Wonder if being on a lake in Chicago will do the same thing?
Post a Comment