Been staying busy this week. Tonight Elaine and I went and saw Sweeny Todd - I got discounted tickets from my work and it was well worth it. We sat 4 rows back, dead center. If we'd been any closer we would have been spit on. The production was excellent - the theatre and stage were on the smaller side - minimal props, but lots of makeup, costumes, smoke and lights, and the acting and singing were great. The stage was built at a slant, which allowed for the fog to roll off the stage and into the audience. It was really creepy.
Yesterday we went to see Cold War Kids. They were kind of a mix between The Walkmen, Kings of Leon, and a church choir. Afterwards, Elaine and I went to an indie night at a club in Temple Bar called The Hub, I've been wanting to go for months, I met the hot DJ right after I arrived, and he promised I would like it. I did. I stared at the DJ and danced all night.
Myung left on Saturday morning so it's back to the routine, for a couple more weeks at least. I am starting to feel stressed about London - I guess I need to start doing some serious job hunting. I saw on TV last night, that the marketing industry is in recession, which doesn't give me much hope for a career in graphic design - I guess I'll try to look into some film stuff.
Anyway it was nice to have an old friend to hang out with for a couple weeks, and great to have someone to travel with. I probably never would have made it up to Inverness, if Myung hadn't have been here.
I made a spur of the moment decision to go up to Belfast with Eithne and Elaine on saturday. All of the boys were going up for a BMX jam, and promised a fun night out on saturday - they didn't have room in the cars, so we girls got up early and took the bus. Eithne, Elaine and I arrived Sat. afternoon, only to find out upon arrival that the boys were running late. They didn't show until nearly 11pm, and then didn't want to go out. So much for a Saturday night of debauchery. The girls and I went out for a drink, it was ok, but we could have done the same in Dublin.
Sunday we did some shopping (even spending £s, it tends to be cheaper than Dublin) and then went to the BMX jam. I, of course, was content to hang out at the jam all day - 30 or so cute boys on little bikes, and me (not to mention that I'm a minor celebrity with some of them:). But Elaine and Eithne, who were only there by default (since Pete is Eithne's boyfriend), soon got bored and we left, went and had coffee and then caught the bus back to D-town.
Up til 3 am again last night. I really am going to try to get some sleep tonight. The circles under my eyes are unacceptable. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At the risk of sounding old and uneducated I ask, what is your title quoted from?
the quote is from a song in Sweeny Todd
Post a Comment