Monday, September 1, 2008

labor day? if only i labored....


this morning i woke up early, ignored the cloudy sky and drove to manhattan beach. it was great... no traffic, empty beach, and tons of surfers to watch. slowly the clouds disappeared, the sun came out, and every time i opened my eyes, there were more people, until the beach was finally as crowded as I expected it to be on a holiday... by then we were ready to go. So again no traffic, and except for missing my exit, and adding 15 minutes to the drive, everything was perfect. Except for my skin, which is slightly pinker than I intended.

the rest of the weekend was pretty good too, with lots of reminders of Oklahoma. On Friday I went to a party and met a guy from OKC, who knew tons of people I knew. On Saturday, our new roommate started moving in. Turns out his girlfriend went to OU and lived in Norman for a long time... we also had lots of mutual friends.

yesterday, in honor of last year's labor day, when me and stephanie cooked out on a miniature disposal grill in the back garden of harley grove, and then sat outside playing uke, I lit up the miniature grill sarah and I bought last spring and grilled up some hotdogs. i didn't attempt anything more difficult since the last time we used the grill, our steaks tasted like lighter fluid. The hotdogs were great.... I ate 3. After my private BBQ I went to another party, and met a couple guys who play uke, and we agreed that we would make time for a uke jam soon. i need to start practicing more so that i can actually play, and not just strum a chord or 2.

1 comment:

NJRR said...

so Maggie it reads like you're having FUN! strum away! I loved playing Maryjane's baritone uke when I was your age. It was easy on the finger tips and the chords were not so difficult either.